Willamette Family, Inc. provides substance abuse evaluation and referral services for adults at the Downtown Evaluation Center. An evaluation can help determine if you or someone you know has a problem with alcohol or drugs. Included is an interview with a counselor addressing each individual’s unique needs and circumstances.
Clinical evaluations consist of:
- Determining substances used, length and quantities of use, including level of intoxication or withdrawal.
- Evaluating how use has impacted the individual’s life and the lives of others.
- Assessing co-occurring medical or psychiatric conditions.
- Understanding the individual’s needs and their reasons for wanting/needing help.
- Review of previous attempts to halt use and previous treatment episodes.
- Evaluating the level of support from family, friends, and the community to assist in the recovery effort.
Based on this evaluation, certified counseling staff provide recommendations regarding treatment that would be suitable to the individual’s needs, in addition to referrals to a network of community support groups, medical professionals, therapists, treatment programs, peer support meetings, and other resources.
Downtown Evaluation Center: (541) 344-0031