What is the the Corona Virus?
COVID-19 PROGRAM UPDATE:
The Medical Clinic asks that all patients call before they come down to see us. We will triage all patients to determine the best care for them. If it is determined that testing for COVID-19 is needed, we will instruct you to go to our clinic’s emergency exit door where a medical provider will meet you for further direction. IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING DIFFICULTY BREATHING OR HAVE CHEST PAIN, CALL 911.
The coronavirus is a large family of viruses that usually cause mild respiratory illnesses such as the common cold. The virus causing the Novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is a new virus and were unknown before the outbreak began in Wuhan, China.
Patients of the Health Clinic:
- We ask that patients call us before coming into the clinic if you have both of the following:
- Have recently traveled outside the United States or have been in contact with a person who is known to have COVID-19
Have symptoms including fever, or upper respiratory infection symptoms
- How Can I protect myself and my family?
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 40-60 seconds
- If soap and water are not available , use an alcohol-base hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes,nose, and mouth
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or elbow
- Clean frequently touched objects and surfaces
Please do not use face-masks unless you are ill. We want to save face masks for individuals who are showing signs of the coronavirus to help prevent the spread. We also need to have face masks readily available for health workers.
Walk-Ins Welcome, Same Day Appointment May Be Available
Willamette Family’s Health Clinic provides easily accessible, compassionate, dependable, and high quality medical services. We use integrated care to ensure the highest success for recovery and provide the client with a trusting partnership between our health care and behavioral health team. Our treatment philosophy is committed to providing holistic services to the client and their family.
How Can Willamette Family Help?
We are dedicated to helping you improve your life and the lives of your family, by helping you access clinically sound, cost-effective services.
- Primary care
- Acute care
- Disease prevention
- Individual health plan
- Tobacco cessation
- Well-woman care
- Coordinated care
- Peer Support
- Behavior Health services
- Bilingual Services available in Spanish
Why Choose the Willamette Family Health Clinic?
- Rapid access to professional health care
- Individualized care that meets the needs, goals and values of the client
- Respect for all individuals without judgments based on race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, disability or sexual orientation
- Case management
- Copies of your care plan provided for further use.
- Help accessing other services provided by Willamette Family or in the community
Senior Program Manager: Colleen Smith CADCII
Primary Care Provider: Jin Park, MS, FNP-BC
Medical Assistant: Diane Ravey
Care Coordinator: Janet Bott BA
Receptionist: Tanner Hatch
How do I access services?
Call or visit our Rapid Access Center (RAC) to complete an assessment.
Hours: Monday through Thursday @ 8:00 am – 7:00 pm
Friday @ 8:00 am – 5:00 pm | Tel. # (541) 762-4325
195 W. 12th Avenue, Eugene, OR 97401
NOTE: HOURS OR SERVICES MAY DIFFER DUE TO COVID-19